Ben’s Lake is just under an acre in size with 16 pegs and is a firm favourite amongst pleasure/match anglers.
The lake changed to a Carp/F1 lake when we had it netted at the end of 2018. All of the silver fish were taken out and put into Brook Lake which will allow the Carp/F1’s that reside in Ben’s to thrive.
There is an aeration system in place that provides perfect conditions for this heavily stocked Carp/F1 lake.
The lake stock really is sublime with around 2000 carp and plenty of F1’s.
The carp average around 5lb, the perfect size for matches.
Ben’s at its deepest is around 5 and a half feet, and on average around 4 feet making this an ideal lake for pole fishing.
The match record on Ben’s is currently 166lbs and was set by a local match angler who fished pellet up in the water on the pole from Peg 1.
Ben’s is also very suitable for disabled anglers as it is possible to park your car/s right behind one of the eight BDAA award winning pegs that are very user friendly and are ideal for anglers who struggle with mobility etc.
- Paying anglers and staying guests only allowed on site. Visitors must be cleared with the fishery team prior to arrival. Opening/closing times are not negotiable.
- You must be in possession of your current EA rod license in order to fish.
- Vehicles off the grass at all times. Only stop in designated car parks.
- Respect your fellow anglers and keep within the stated swim boundaries.
- Intoxicated and/or anti-social anglers will be asked to leave the complex.
- Dogs are allowed on the complex but must be kept under control in the confines of your swim and all mess must be cleared up after them.
- No air rifles or other weapons.
- Do not cut trees or foliage without the fishery teams permission.
- You must leave just before the stated time on your ticket.
- Maximum of two rods.
- Dip all nets as soon as you get on-site.
- Two Keepnets or more must be used from the start in all matches.
- A 60lb limit in each net with fish distributed evenly between nets.
- No swinging fish in, a landing net must be used for every fish.
- No pole cups over the water before the start of the match.
- Match official decisions are final.
- Offenders will be disqualified.
- No surface fishing
- No bagging wagglers
- Barbless hooks only.
- Minimum reel line of 4lb.
- No braided reel line, mono or fluoro only.
- Leads must be able to eject or pull free easily.
- Leadcore/fused leaders are allowed but must not be more than 1m long.
- Nothing fixed on the line behind the lead/feeder system except putty.
- The OMC ‘The Magic Twig’ is not allowed.
- All nets, unhooking mats and slings are to be dipped as soon as you arrive in the blue tube opposite the cafe.
- You must have suitable carp care liquid for treating injuries on landed fish.
- Fish must only be lifted from the water with there fins running flat against there body.
- If you’d like to weigh and photograph a fish then it must be done safely in the swim they are landed from on an unhooking mat. NO STANDING UP WITH ANY FISH!
- Any dead fish or fish that look to be distressed or injured, please inform the fishery team immediately. (01676530299 or 07796998309)