Ben’s lake is just under an acre in size with 16 peg’s and is a firm favourite amongst pleasure/match anglers.
The lake changed to a Carp/F1 lake when we had it netted at the end of 2018. All of the silver fish were taken out and put into Brook lake which will allow the Carp/F1’s that reside in Ben’s to thrive.
There is a aeration system in place that provide’s perfect conditions for this heavily stocked Carp/F1 lake.
The lake stock really is sublime with around 2000 carp currently but we also plan to add a minimum of a 1000 F1’s in the not so distant future.
The average size of carp was around 6lb, although the recent addition of 1200 smaller carp around the 10oz mark has obviously brought that down but with an active feeding programme here at the the fishery these will soon grow on.
Ben’s at it’s deepest is around 5 and a half feet, and on average around 4ft making this an ideal lake for pole fishing.
The match record on Ben’s is currently 166lbs and was set by a local match angler who fished pellet up in the water on the pole from Peg 1.
Ben’s is also very suitable for disabled anglers as it is possible to park your car/s right behind one of the eight BDAA award winning peg’s that are very user friendly and are ideal for anglers who struggle with mobility etc.
We take pride in looking after our fish, the rules are designed to ensure the fish come first.
- Anglers must put all litter in the bins.
- No surface fishing.
- No standing up with fish.
- Please check fins are flat to the fish before lifting the net.
- No bagging wagglers.
- Barbless hooks only.
- Minimum breaking strain line of 4lb
- Please respect fellow anglers.
- 2 rod limit per angler.
- Make sure all net’s, mat’s and slings are dipped in our net dip before going down to the lake.
- No braided reel lines.
- No guest’s.
- Dog’s are allowed only if they are quiet and well behaved. Make sure to clean up after them.
- Anglers must have a current rod licence.
- No bolt rigs, make sure the lead can drop off if the fish get’s snagged etc.
- Any anglers breaking these rules will be asked to leave without a refund.
- Dip all nets as soon as you get on-site.
- Two Keepnets or more must be used from the start in all matches.
- A 60lb limit in each net with fish distributed evenly between nets.
- No swinging fish in, a landing net must be used for every fish.
- No pole cups over the water before all in.
- Match official decisions are final.
- Offenders will be disqualified.